Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thoughts on being engaged (so far)...


May be over a year ago, with 22 months til the date... But there have been so many bumps along the way and we are still so excited!

In the week and a half since we got engaged, I've realized a few things:

- As much as I've loved weddings and been "planning" my own for years, I really have no idea what I want.

- Looking at all of the pretty pictures on wedding websites and Pinterest is fun, but it feels very overwhelming once things are official and you actually have to make decisions.

- I really don't like the word fiance. Boyfriend and husband are fine, but for some reason calling Kevin my fiance makes me feel like I'm bragging - which I guess I should be, he's kind of all sorts of awesome and I'm luckiest to have him!

- Things are expensive. We booked our venue** last week and as I was filling out the paperwork with my credit card information my heart was beating really fast and my face was hot. I felt like I was promising them my first born. Yikes!

**We went and looked at venues last month, and had already decided on the when and where before we were even engaged!

- I can't wait to spend this next year celebrating us.

- I just can't wait to get married, and I still can't believe that I get to say that. (!!!!!)

2 comments

  1. Congrats on your engagement!!!! I looooved planning my wedding, enjoy every minute!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so so exciting, to even read! congrats :)

    ReplyDelete